Who we are:
QALE Healthcare is a research and development company whose mission is to harness advanced technologies to increase our understanding of the biology that controls lifespan. We will use that knowledge to devise interventions that enable people to lead longer and healthier lives. Executing on this mission will require an unprecedented level of interdisciplinary effort and a long-term focus for which funding is already in place.
We are looking for an organized, analytical, energetic and dependable individual to support our Chief Business Officer and the Business Development organization. A key accountability will be anticipating work processes and resolving operational and administrative issues before, and as, they arise. Our candidate will be comfortable in a fast paced, start-up environment where collaboration is key to building both the organization and the culture. You will manage a variety of projects simultaneously, which requires strong multi-tasking skills, savvy business judgment and the communication skills needed to effectively interact with a variety of people and job functions.
Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Perform an extensive array of administrative tasks (manage multiple calendars, book travel, expense reporting within Concur, track and organize business agreements, coordinate large onsite meetings for external visitors)
- Serve as a lead for and manager of small projects
- Build efficiency and responsiveness into existing operations, and help define new operational strategies
- Closely collaborate with the administrative team to seamlessly provide real-time support for all administrative issues as they arise, and execute special projects and events
- Plan and manage internal and external meetings including scheduling, drafting agendas, follow-up meetings, and preparing materials as needed
- Drive team activities including staff meeting agendas, social events, and other key logistics
- Work closely with IT for video conferencing needs
- Create detailed travel agendas with smooth transitions between time zones
- Tracking and helping drive completion of key deliverables and follow up on outstanding items
- Assist with document and presentation design, writing, editing, and formatting
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience supporting C-level executives is required
- Experience in a biotech, medical, or academic environment is preferred
- Ability to quickly learn the organizational structure and the objectives of the team
- Technically savvy with excellent computer skills and advanced working knowledge of Google Suite (Gmail, Calendar, Drive, etc.), conferencing software (Zoom preferred), Microsoft Office (PPT, Word, Excel), and Mac software (Keynote, Pages)
- Exceptional written and verbal communication with organizational awareness and sensitivity
- Outstanding organizational skills and the demonstrated ability to prioritize and gracefully handle competing priorities while maintaining a commitment to deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills and the demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and independently with minimal supervision.
- High level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information
- Self-starter with attention to detail and the ability to accurately follow directions
- Friendly and positive with a “can-do” attitude that focuses on getting the job done well